Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maleficent

sioframay
    sioframay

Maleficent Empty Maleficent

Post by sioframay Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:50 pm

Ok, so I normally don't like Angelina Jolie but she was fantastic in this movie. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, even though it's been out awhile. We still had to pay to rent it from Direct tv for I think $5.99 so it can't be that old. I just don't care to look it up. I thought the casting was superb and the CG was all pretty nice. Normally a movie with that much CG has me feeling a little like I'd rather be watching a cartoon (cough cough PeterJackson cough cough.)

But either way I would recommend it although I wouldn't call it a children's film. Not being a parent I obviously can't recommend a reasonable age at which a child would understand what's going on. There's also a fair amount of violence that I found disturbing on some level.

Also, don't go into it thinking that it's a complete recreation of Sleeping Beauty from Maleficent's point of view. You will either be sorely disappointed or extremely pleasantly surprised.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm